The Sweetest Things

The Sweetest Things
Kakak And Adek

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hashimi's new portable nebulizer :)

Well, i've got the mood to write something in here since this blog already berhabuk. Am going to write about Hashimi's new portable nebulizer. my boy has been suffering with asthma since he was 4 months old. this breathing problem came to it's peak when he was 1 year old. my husband and i have spent so many nights (well to be exact, midnight) going to E&T department. name all the specialist we got here in kuching, all had got visits from us. once, we went to KPJ kuching and was asked by the specialist to admit Hashimi there for further check up. but i thought of how much money will be spent there and that brought us to SGH. the last time hashimi was warded was somewhere in April 2012. he was warded for 4 nights.

it was a hard time for me. really hard. but i took it positively that God had better plans for us and especially for Hashimi. it all started after hashimi and his sister got flu, fever and cough. hashimi is a very fragile little boy especially when it comes to flu and cough and to make things worse, cold day. so, after been discharged from hospital, the specialist provided us with AEROCHAMBER which is for hashimi to use with ventolin inhaler. they gave us two types of inhaler. one with light brown colour on the cap and the other one is in dark blue colour. the light brown is for everyday use that is to prevent the asthma from attacking. and the dark blue is to use when emergency. by now, i only use the dark blue cap inhaler for about 6 times.

so, each time used, we have to puff two times using the aerochamber and hashimi will inhale through it. everythings seems to be ok for about 5 months. hashimi had never stand without asthma attack for that long and i guess that was quite a relief until one day, somewhere in the middle of september, hashimi got flu and cough and of course asthma came after that. at first, we brought him to a private clinic. he was given a neb and the doctor gave him salbutamol supply. his condition got worst after that plus the heavy rain outside. so, my husband and i decided to bring him to SGH for nebuliser. he got neb twice and then, we just got out of the E&T room.

the next morning, while invigilating for UPSR, my mind was everywhere, my heart was restless thinking of what will happened next? will hashimi be admitted for another time? how is he doing at home?  does he breath well? i could not focus on my tasks. so, later i text my husband that after work we will go to pharmacy to look for a nebulizer machine so that we can monitor hashimi from home. after the paper of the day finished, i rushed home to find my husband was already home and been babysitting our kids since morning. he took a leave that day. after a short lunch we made our way to the nearest pharmacy in Matang. oh, i forgot to mention that i text one of my colleagues before to ask where can we find a nebulizer machine so she suggested that place.

upon our arrival, my husband imidiately asked the pharmacist. she later showed us one small nebulizer machine. then, my husband requested for demonstration and all of us stood in one circle to see how that machine works.. aahhahahh... and all of a sudden thick mist came out of the machine (well, it is suppose to do so :) ) and everyone was likee...wahhh!! everyone seemed to be in aweeeee... i found that quite funny because the workers themselves never saw that machine functioning. that was one silent, noiseless nebulizer machine. it's very small that it is only the size of my palm. and it is very easy to operate. just put a few drop of water, the medicine and voila! the nebulizer machine is on its duty..

so, that's it! so far, hashimi is doing good. i think he likes the machine very much because it doesnt have sound at all...i'll update anything about this later if i have leisure time to write in here. sayonara!!


Post a Comment


Journey Through Parenthood.... © All Rights Reserved | Something Baby: Design and Illustration by Emila Yusof